At the core, Mon Ami is about connection. No matter your age, gender, race, politics, or language, there are a few truths that unite us as humans. An inspirational story, a warm embrace, an instant connection or a smile shared. These are the moments we strive to create. We’ve established these Community Guidelines to set expectations and codify the values that underpin our community in order to make it a welcoming place where all can thrive.
We expect the Mon Ami community to treat everyone with respect in every interaction. Users must comply with all applicable laws. In addition, Mon Ami prohibits the use of our services or platform to discriminate against people based on the following personal attributes:
- National origin
- Gender identify
- Sexual orientation
- Any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Additionally, Mon Ami does not tolerate hate speech. Hate speech occurs when violent, offensive, derogatory or demeaning language is directed at a person or group based on their one or more protected group attributes.
Whether as a volunteer, customer, administrator , or other user on Mon Ami’s platform, your profile, actions, and any direct communication with members of the Mon Ami community cannot display discriminatory behavior or hate speech toward protected groups. Examples of prohibited behavior include, but are not limited to:
- Refusal of service based on an individual’s membership in one or more protected group
- Expressing intolerance or a lack of respect for another member on the basis of protected group attributes
- Directly or indirectly making derogatory or demeaning remarks against one or more protected group
- Racial slurs
- Profiles that support or glorify hate groups, their beliefs or their members
Safety & Security
Whether you are volunteering your time or welcoming a volunteer into your home, you should feel safe and secure when utilizing the Mon Ami platform. We ask you to respect others’ information, privacy, and belongings. You should adhere to the following guidelines:
Emergencies: In the event of an emergency, you should call 9-1-1 and the person’s emergency contact. Do not provide medical care.
- Theft and vandalism: You should not take property that isn’t yours, for example groceries purchased or an EBT card, or damage others’ property.
- Privacy: Avoid sharing personal information that is not necessary for the completion of a service request. You should not share someone you visit’s personal or account information with anyone else.
- Harassment and abuse: Do not touch volunteers or customers without their explicit consent, and do not use inappropriate language, behavior, or gestures.
- Health: Cancel visits if you are feeling sick. Please review our COVID-19 guidelines to maintain the health and safety of our community during this time.
Trust & Reliability
For anyone on the Mon Ami platform, we expect you to be proactive, responsive, and professional to build trust and create a positive experience for everyone.
- Proactive communication: When you’re matched for visits, introduce yourself and help others feel comfortable with you. When you need to reschedule, cancel, or otherwise change your plans, notify the other party as soon as possible.
- Responsiveness: Check your messages and email and respond to Mon Ami communications in a timely manner.
- Reliability: Show up at agreed upon times. If you are running late, let the other party know.
If you think any violations of these community guidelines have occurred, please report it by emailing email@example.com
, and we will investigate.